Old 04-05-2004, 12:04 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Controlling moss

"Ann" wrote in message

"Joe McElvenney" wrote in message
Hi,

I have trouble with too much moss on some of my garden
walls and parts of the drive. I would like to control it
rather than eliminate it entirely as to me it has a certain
rustic charm when in the right place and quantity.

I use a power washer to get rid of moss\weeds on paths, drives and

patios -
beats chemicals - quite a bit of work but the results are really

good.

That's all very well, but the moss comes right back during the
succeeding winter. In any case, you cannot get it off the soil in the
beds that way.

I once spoke to anurseryman about it. He said that the moss was an
indication of a poor soil. . For luck, I tried to put on more
fertiliser than I usually do, as the nurseryman advised. Result: A
truly bumper crop of moss on all the beds.

Franz