Old 04-05-2004, 02:02 PM
LFR

Default Looking for suggestions

I live in Virginia, zone 6 I believe. I have a hedge of sorts of photinia
on the west side of my house. Since these tree/shrubs tend to be
problematic, I am considering removing them and replacing with other
plantings. The area is about 60-80 ft long and maybe 18-24 inches wide
(between the outside of my fence and the sidewalk). I have about 10-12 of
these plants to remove so this will probably be a summer-long project.

I am looking for suggestions for replacement plantings. Ideally, I would
like to be able to have a variety of sun-tolerant plants that bloom at
different times throughout the summer.

TIA,

Lynn