Old 04-05-2004, 03:04 PM
J. Del Col

Default Mattock

"pixi" wrote in message ...
Thanks to you all for your suggestions. I did, of course, look at Lowes,
Home Depot, various hardware stores, and farm stores before I got on the
internet to ask about a lightweight mattock. Had to go 70 odd miles for
Lowes and Home Depot. Looked in the Leonard catalog. Nothing. All of
course had the heavy weights but no lightweights.

I also cruised the internet but didn't come up with anything.

Someone named Jim sent a rather odd looking message. Most of it was in the
subject line and not all there. There was an internet address however. For
someplace called Midwest Rake. They have what they call Ugly Tools and a
lightweight mattock.

Thank you Jim, wherever you are.

You wanted a hand mattock?

That's what the Ugly Mool mattock is. They have short handles.

counciltool.com makes the Groundhog brand hand mattocks. They
are similar. I own one; it is lightweight and very useful, but it
certainly isn't "waist high," unless a person is about three feet
tall.

J. Del Col