Old 04-05-2004, 04:09 PM
Dave Filpus

Default Signs of spring

In article . net,
"laurie \(Mother Mastiff\)" wrote:

The iris are gorgeous and plentiful

Back in 1992, I planted a row of giant bearded irises from Schreiner's
in Salem Oregon at the base of a row of Bradford pears. I thought that
the shade would help. After a couple of years of blooming, they all
stopped blooming. I always planned to build a new iris plot in the sun,
but never got around to it. Now came the ice storm of December 2002 and
the Bradford was delimbed and eventually cut down. This spring the
irises are in bloom and are just beautiful. Pictures at
http://sine.tmug.org/~dfilpus/Pictures/Iris1.jpg
http://sine.tmug.org/~dfilpus/Pictures/Iris2.jpg

Now I looking at the Schreiner's catalog and seeing what I want add to
the plot this year.