Old 04-05-2004, 05:12 PM
martin

Default ants everywhere!

On Tue, 04 May 2004 16:18:25 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

flower faerie4/5/04 3:55

Sacha wrote:

flower faerie4/5/04 3:10

Hello

I have lots of ant hills appearing all over my lawn. I prefer not to
mow the lawn too short but want to try and get the ants to live
somewhere else like in the flower borders. Also I dont want to put down
ant powder.

any ideas?

ff

Some people say that using a powder like Vim or Ajax sprinkled over the area
will work. Now I'm wondering if such things are still made!

I don't really want to spread chemicals around the place. I'd rather
live with them! I was hoping somebody knew of a natural deterrent or
something that the little loves hate so much they pack their bags and
migrate next door

Ah! You mean you're looking for an ant-idote. ;-)

:-)
If you can live with them I don't think they do a great deal of harm and
they're not harmful to humans, though I think they can give a bit of a nip!

In Oz they used camphor/moth balls to get rid of ants. I found the
ants preferable to the stink of camphor.