Old 04-05-2004, 06:02 PM
.

Default Suggestions for ugly evergreens?

Thank you everybody for your suggestions. I pretty much wanted to get
rid of them but wasnt sure if this was a good idea. I hold a degree in
applied arts so I have a good sense of composition, but since I havent
done any landscaping before and know little about landscaping
horticulture I was a little intimidated and didnt want to destroy some
trees that might actually be perfectly workable and leave my house
sticking out blandly.

And Vox, thank you for the expanded evaluation on the aesthetics. I
kinda always wanted to remove all the shrubs and plant some xeriscape
plants in some nice curvy beds. And yes, it does look pretty heavy on
the left side, I'll have to do some research into what I'll like that
can counter that.

Can you all give me any pointers on the best way to remove these?
Should I just chop them off just under ground level and leave the rest
or should I actually dig up the bulk of the roots?

Thanks again,
Matt

On Mon, 03 May 2004 11:19:46 -0600, rotaour@dimensional(.)com wrote:

Hello,

I recently bought my first house and have two evergreen trees on the
front corners of the house that dont look so great. I dont think
they've been trimmed for some time and was wondering if some of you
would give me some suggestions. What would you do with them?

Pictures - http://www.dimensional.com/~rotaour/

Thanks,
Matt