Old 04-05-2004, 07:03 PM
Fleemo

Default Any New Earwig Advice?

Thanks to everyone for their input. I do appreciate it.

Last year I tried several different trapping techniques, from the
corregated cardboard to the section of tubing to the oil-filled tuna
cans. I think the earwigs have been reading this newsgroup, cuz they
knew better than to fall for any of those tricks. I may have snagged
one or two at most. So far, nocturnal trips around the garden
knocking the pesky pests into a pail of soapy water has been the only
technique that's worked for this exasperated gardener. But perhaps
trapping is worth another shot.

Thanks.

-F