Old 04-05-2004, 08:09 PM
Loki

Default Harvesting Garlic

il Tue, 4 May 2004 20:38:09 +1200, "Jeremy" ha scritto:

I not shore about your climate but the general rule of thumb for garlic is:
Sow on shortest day, Harvest on longest. (mid winter to mid summer).

Jeremy (in New Zealand)

"Taylors in Japan" wrote in message
I've been growing garlic in a window box planter since early last

September.
The climate is subtropical (Osaka, Japan.) I started with a clove in five
spots and now have five plants growing. My question is, when would they

be
ready to harvest? I've heard spring is ideal but just wanted to get other
opinions.

Harvest when the tops fall over. According my gardening guide.

--
Cheers,