Old 04-05-2004, 10:05 PM
Ali

Default Reviving an abused rose

Hi,

I just moved into a new place, and it included this rather sad looking stump
of a rose in the front bed. From the one or two flowers it managed to put
out before winter came on, it's a common pink rose of some sort. No idea on
which one, except that it's a shrub form with a couple short thick old
canes. Is it worth trying to rehab it? I have a hard time just throwing a
plant out, but I'm still not seeing any new growth this season (south
western massachusetts). Could it have finally died over the winter?

Best,

Ali