Old 04-05-2004, 10:06 PM

Default Garden dilemas

In article , Baine Carruthers wrote:

Then I used Sevin Powder which helped with the flea beetles, but a
neighbor is a beekeeper and posted to our neighborhood listserv to ask
that no one use Sevin Powder.

If the beans or such aren't flowering, I doubt the sevin will be a problem
with neighbor's bees.

MK (the mystery killer) is the big problem. It has actually
killed in some cases, over two or three years of trying, my butterfly
bushes, a mulberry tree, beans, tomatoes (or that could be wilt), some
years basil, many kinds of flowers, my pomelo tree, spice bush, roses,
maimed my jade plant, etc.

I had a problem a couple of years ago with spider mites. They "sneak" up on
you before you realize they're damaging anything. They seem to have a real
affinity for butterfly bushes.

Or try liquid sevin as it would not rub off on bees as much and not get in the flower either.

You may want to try spraying with insecticidal soap but you may have to spray more often.

I have had deformed peppers too that grew slowly and never put on much fruit. I assumed it was some
kind of wilt, but will look for spider mites.
Baine

spam@www.spam.com is a garbage address.