Old 04-05-2004, 10:07 PM
gary davis

Default Where are you, those who grow asparagus? Was Asparagus - a

On 5/4/04 11:00 AM, in article , "John
Rouse" wrote:

In article , Gary Woods
writes
Some years ago, a new "interstate" (multi-lane divided arterial) was built
through some former farmland west of Albany, New York.... for many years
afterward people cut asparagus that grew up through gravel fill in the
median strip! Around here, one can occasionally find "wild" asparagus.
Sometimes it truly is wild, but often it's the remnants of somebody's bed,
long abandoned, just as clumps of overgrown (but still healthy and
blooming) lilac often mark a long-lost farmhouse.

I'm not convinced that plant performance in foreign climes is a good
indication of its likely behaviour here.

John

Hi John
I agree...how about everyone who grows asparagus tell us your location.
That would be interesting, to me at least.
My asparagus grows 49th parallel, 123 latitude. Temperature range -10 to
30 C . Usually rains a lot in winter, can be either rain in summer or
dry...depends on the year.
Gary
Fort Langley, BC
Canada