Old 04-05-2004, 11:08 PM
David Hill

Default Rotovators

A friend bought a Mantis a few years ago and brought it to me as she
couldn't start it.
I got it going after about 8 tries(Which didn't do my back a lot of good).
I fount it not at all easy to use and so slow to get down to even 4 inches,
, my opinion was that they might be of use in a 20ft x 30ft garden but on
anything bigger I wouldn't give it house room even if I was given one.
Granted most of my rotovating is large scale, about 140ft runs, and for this
I use a 6hp machine with a 90cm dig width.
I have osteo arthritis in both knees and find that rotovating is one of the
easiest jobs for me as it is almost like a powered Zima frame. Whilst
rotovating I am putting 30 to 60% of my weight on the machine and walking on
softer ground cuts down the impact of walking..

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries