Old 04-05-2004, 11:09 PM
Sarah Dale

Default Tarragon - does it regrow from roots?

Sacha wrote:

Steve Harris4/5/04 3:00

In article ,
(Sacha) wrote:

Best test - does rubbing
the leaves give any indication of tarragon scent on your fingers?

IME, at this time of year, you may not find any flavour/argon. I think
they need more sun.

This made me wonder so I went out and tested some of ours in pots. It
definitely smells tarragon-y if rubbed hard enough. But it isn't actually
releasing much scent into the air, I agree.

Thanks to all for your responses. The plant that has resprouted *looks* like
tarragon, but didn't scent the air that much, or taste much of anything, so
I wasn't sure - it's the first year I have managed to keep tarragon over
winter, so its a bit of a learning curve. Hopefully some sunshine and more
growth, and it will be ready to eat!

Thanks, Sarah