Old 05-05-2004, 12:03 AM
TR

Default Diatom Filter or H.O.T. Magnum

Interesting, I just picked up my 3rd H.O.T Magnum yesterday to replace
the
2nd one that would not seal properly. There is absolutely nothing in the
instructions of mine to tell you how to use it with diatom powder.

Rick

I just got a stand-alone canister Magnum 350, and there is nothing in
there about it either.

After reading the previous posting, I also visited MarinLand's
website, and their downloadable manual doesn't contain the
instructions, either.

FWIW....

--Tony

The instructions are on a separate piece of paper (not in the manual). It
may have come with the Micron cartridge (it is titled "Instructions for
Micron Cartridge" on the front side). I purchased the "HOT pro" kit with
gravel vac, etc.
On the flip side it has directions for charging with diatom powder, a fast
method (simply pouring into the canister) and a better method, charging with
a container until the recirculated watrer is clear.

At the bottom of the slip are the numbers "004696", and perhaps a date
"10/97". It does have the Marineland logo and address on the slip.
Perhaps it is just something that comes with the Pro kits? I also ordered an
extra cartridge, an honestly I do not recall if the slip was packaged with
the kit or with the second separate cartridge.
--Tom