Old 05-05-2004, 12:04 AM
Sacha

Default Foxes

Janet Baraclough..4/5/04 6:18

The message
from papa contains these words:

Might anyone have experience of getting rid of foxes? I have a family
of foxes in my (very) small London garden and they are creating a mess
and with summer coming I am reluctant to let the children out there as I
don't know how dangerous they (the foxes that is!!) can be.

They aren't dangerous; even suave urban foxes don't approach people.
Letting the children out to play is a good way to make sure the foxes
vacate the premises (at least during the day).

I called a couple of companies like rentokill but they don't deal with
foxes.

You could ask the local RSPCA for their advice.

I'm a little concerned about this. There have been reports - few admittedly
- of foxes going into houses and attacking small children, while looking for
food. I'm not inclined to say that they're dangerous but nor would I be
complacent about letting small children into the same area. As to the fox
dung, I have no idea of what dangers it might or might not hold but they're
meat eaters, as are dogs. And, to follow up another reply in this thread,
foxes will take cats if they're hungry enough.

--

Sacha
(remove the weeds to email me)