Old 05-05-2004, 12:04 AM
Bob Hobden

Default Foxes

Philip wrote in message ...
Might anyone have experience of getting rid of foxes? I have a family
of foxes in my (very) small London garden and they are creating a mess
and with summer coming I am reluctant to let the children out there as I
don't know how dangerous they (the foxes that is!!) can be.

I called a couple of companies like rentokill but they don't deal with
foxes.

Whilst Foxes aren't dangerous in themselves they will catch various animals
and bring them back into your garden, so, like our allotments, you will have
the pleasure of half eaten rats, entrails, assorted bits of meat, etc
adorning your garden. They will also defecate around and they never bury it
like most cats do so that will be another hazard for your kids. Then, being
London foxes they will probably have the Mange which is not nice to see and
even worse for them to experience, it's a slow lingering starvation type
death. (and some people go mad at cats in their gardens!)

Contact the RSPCA and see if they know of an organisation that can help, I
doubt they will themselves, short of funds I'm told - big new office complex
to pay for.

Don't try to catch and relocate them yourself, they are town foxes and can't
cope in the countryside and cause more problems there.

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars