Old 05-05-2004, 02:08 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Now we live 'up North'.....

The message
from Tim Nicholson contains these words:

Cucumbers? The variety I've germinated (can't remember the name right
now) said OK for a cool greenhouse, so I'd hoped they too might grow
outside.

Probably, but you'd have been better (probably) with a ridge cucumber.

I expect the chillies, melons etc will need to stay in the
greenhouse primarily for the heat.

Yes. I had some on a windowsill and some outside, and the outside ones
never presented me with a ripe chilli, but I had loads from the ones in
my front room.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/