Old 05-05-2004, 04:05 AM
PhalGuy

Default Quiet here this week!

Hello Joanna!

For my part, tomorrow will be my monthly orchid meeting.... You know what
that means...

Most of my phals are growing leaves and 3 are spiking. My very young Phal
equestris `Zuma Canyon` is growing slowly 4 buds for it`s first time.
My Phal Taisuco Lemon is spiking a long 5 inch flower spike so far. I`m
having problem with my new Phal amabilis who had 6 buds when I bought it.
One of them opened but I lost the flower after 2 weeks. Now, 3 buds are now
yellow and wrinkle. I don`t know what is causinh that but I`m loosing my
flowers. I think I will cut the spike and give the plant the summer to gat
some energy.

My young species seedling ard doing just fine, growing roots and leaves.
I`m trying new thing now on my plants about the PH of the water I use to
water them. I will see some results soon, I hope!

I`m working very hard too, as a nurse on 12 hours shift on a cardio-thoracic
surgery unit ! I`m often exausted but nothing like an orchid can give you
that boost of energy you needed!

That`s it for now, I`m planning a nice summer growing season and hopefully,
all my plants will blooms next year!

Bye

Claude