Old 05-05-2004, 09:03 AM
Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

Default Do plants have brain?

Hi,

If you compare plants with our physical body, then you would see how
grafting works. Plants guide us in medicine and surgery. As not every
plant would take any graft but a family of particular ones, so we are
observing replacing organs in human beings.

Rajinder

"Cereus-validus" wrote in message
The topic has been studies in detail many times over the years, even

by
Charles Darwin, and there is no doubt that the various responses to

stimuli
by plants have nothing at all to do with any type of intelligence. The

topic
is the subject of many books and all anyone need to do is read them.

If one
had been awake during any basic botany class they would know the truth

about
plant physiology.

That some New Age clowns are too lazy to actually do any real research

into
the subject show just how ignorant and stupid they really are and that

they
should not be given any serious consideration at all. They have been
watching too much bad sci-fi on TV. They are clueless about the

scientific
method and how to apply it to even the most basic problems.

In any case, the extent of their ineptitude has noting to do with

gardening.

"Andy Hunt" wrote in message

Not so Paul Atreides.

For he IS the Kwisatz Haderach . . .

The Mimosa plant quickly folds up its leaves because of a rapid

drop in
water pressure akin to wilting. No nervous system is needed at

all.

Venus flytrap?

You really should read up on your basic botany instead making wild

flights
of fantasy. The truth is far more interesting.

An old teacher of mine once pointed out that there can never be such

thing
as "extra-sensory perception", because perception by its very nature
requires sensation.

Arguments for the behaviour of plants being biology-based can be

used
equally for people too - a scientific approach will boil our every

action,
emotion and decision down to electrochemical processes in our brain,

just
as
the analysis of a car engine will reveal all the different moving

parts
and
how they fit together. But if you look for the _velocity_ in the

engine,
you
won't find it, just as if you look for the _soul_ in a person's body

you
won't find it. Similarly, if you look for the _growth_ in a plant,

you
won't
find it . . .

Andy
"A ten-year-old child could understand this. Go out and find me a
ten-year-old child" - Marx