Old 05-05-2004, 12:03 PM
Caroline

Default Controlling moss

I once spoke to anurseryman about it. He said that the moss was an
indication of a poor soil. . For luck, I tried to put on more
fertiliser than I usually do, as the nurseryman advised. Result: A
truly bumper crop of moss on all the beds.

I have lots of moss in the garden (NW and shady during the first half of the
day), I never used any fertiliser and my plants are growing really well. Is
moss truly a sign of a poor soil?
I removed all of it recently while weeding (tons of weed) but I think I will
be happy to see it come back to stay. It is helpful in keeping the moisture
sealed in and green is better than black. I am now moving leave mulch to
spread over the bare patches of soil, let the worms do the fertilising.

Caroline