Old 05-05-2004, 12:03 PM
david taylor

Default How Do You Prevent Moss Re-occurring?

Killing moss with bleach, disinfectant, ferrous sulphate (for moss)
stimulates it into generating more spores. If conditions are right the moss
will return.
New tarmac might improve conditions for a year or so. An old tarmac surface
will have last most of its tarry coating and be receptive to moss.
Cleaning pockets of soil, (nutrients) from the pores of old tarmac might
help.
Mercury compounds were rightly banned as moss killers and fungicides but
they did give lasting protection on lawns.

"Jim" wrote in message
s.com...
I've just pressure washed moss from a tarmac tennis court now I need to
prevent it from coming back. Suggestions include Jeyes Fluid, Jeyes
Path Patio and Drive, Armatillox and Bleach. Anyone know which is best
and how often I need to apply? Court is shady, often damp and
surrounded by trees which obviously I can't do anything about.
Also, any tips on best long-term remover of weeds between
slabs....tried most - but problem always returns in little time. Many
thanks.
--
Jim