Old 05-05-2004, 03:09 PM
Benign Vanilla

Default Quiet(er) frogs

wrote in message
ganews.com...
In , on 05/03/04
at 09:11 AM, "Benign Vanilla" said:

We've got a big ol pile of green/bronze frogs. They make some noise, but
are mostly lazy, so it's just croak here, just a croak there, here a
croak, there a croak...you get the idea. Not much noise but noticeable.

You've got green frogs, too? You are lucky.

The spring peepers were really chorusly (is that a word?) a few weeks
back, but they seem to have slowed down. Two weeks ago we found our first
toad in the pond, ugly little dude. He has been making TONS of noise for
a couple of weeks now, although he has been silent for two days now.

No lady showed up for him? Do toads get blue balls?

I would nearly describe my pond as overrun with green frogs. LOL. We have
had at some counts, 15 sitting by the edge. Some even let us scratch their
chins and rub their backs. LOL. I really want to get more toads. That one we
found was quite cool looking and the noise was great.

I am also hoping to attract some newts, salamanders, etc.

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com