Old 05-05-2004, 05:06 PM
Nedra

Default Quiet(er) frogs

Apparently the tads from toads taste really Yucky. Nothing that
I know of will eat them

Nedra

"Lisa" wrote in message
I had a toad croaking LOUDLY for about two days/nights (drove my husband
crazy as our pond is only about a 100 feet from our bedroom window) and

then
it got quiet. I went out a couple of days later and saw he and the "lady"
snuggled up in the water. The next day, she left and it was just him, but
thousands of eggs were clinging to one of my pond plants roots. That was
about two weeks ago, now there are thousands of toad tadpoles swimming
around! I thought the goldfish would eat them, but they seem to just
ignore them for the most part. I am a bit surprised with the pump moving
the water so much that they laid eggs there. Apparently they don't mind
laying their eggs with the water moving constantly? My husband is afraid

in
a couple of weeks he will be mowing over hundreds of baby toads! Yuck!

"AZKalEl" wrote in message
om...
If you find anything out JJ let me know, I am also in a desert
subdivision and the last thing I need is horny frogs croaking all
summer! Don't think my neighbors will be too thrilled...