Old 05-05-2004, 05:08 PM
Tim Nicholson

Default Now we live 'up North'.....

On 05 May 2004 14:41:35 GMT, emon (Rhiannon S)
wrote:

Um, this may not be a good time to mention this, but did you check for flood
risk? If it's the area I'm thinking of then it's proverbial for flooding very
badly.

Although if it helps, you're in one of the warmer areas in ayrshire.

A big yes on checking about the flooding risk. Our house, although
only sixty or so feet from the river, is also about 40 ft *above* the
river. (The garden's on a bit of a slope...) the riverside paths
regularly disappear underwater though, and the local powers that be
are spending a couple of million pounds on flood prevention in this
part of the valley at the moment. But the *very* local salmon and
trout fishing makes up for the occasional inconvenience!

As to warmth, - a bit of an unknown concept here recently - but we DID
have a very pleasant day last Saturday. Bordered by cloud and rain
Friday and Sunday, and a sleet/hailstorm on the morning of bank
holiday Monday. Today it's just rained in varying
quantities/directions.

Tim