Old 05-05-2004, 06:02 PM
Cereus-validus

Default My Kousa Dogwood has no leaves yet!

Aw come on, let her panic.

I bet she forgot to do the fertility dance when she planted it.

She will need to do it during the next full moon if she expects the plant to
leaf out before it completely succumbs to bad juju!!!

How many of you out there remember how to do the fertility dance and can
tell Jammy how it goes?

"SugarChile" wrote in message
Kousas leaf out a bit later than Japanese maples, and newly transplanted
trees often take longer to emerge from dormancy than established ones.

Give
it a bit more time before panicking. Not much to be done about it anyway!

Sue

--

Zone 6, South-central PA

"Jammed Out" wrote in message
om...
I had a Kousa Dogwood planted last fall and its about 6 feet tall. It
is now May 5th and I live in the Boston area and there are still no
signs of leaves on the tree. The buds have been visible for a month
or so and on some of them you can even see they opened a little but
nothing came there. It's as if it stunted. My newly planted Japanese
Maple is completely full of leaves now. Does anyone know if this is
normal for this time of year for the Kousa to still not have any
leaves or is there a problem? Any thoughts would be appreciated.