Old 05-05-2004, 06:03 PM
Steve and Lisa

Default Mosquitos

Hah....hubby tries to tell me in Derby they don't have mozzies. (I knew it
wasn't true....though I wasn't ever bitten while there.)
Midges are what he says they have in some areas.....nothing like our
man-eaters here in Ohio.

Lisa
"Cheryl" wrote in message
Hi

My pond has lately become overrun with horrible mosquitos. I have read

that
litttle fish are good to eat the larve, so i have bought 5 small 2'

goldfish
to gobble them up which they seeem to be doing to a certain extent. I am
trying to encourage natural pedators too.
I was wondering if you guys had any other ideas I could nab.
After reading lots of your posts Mosquito fish sounds quite good but im in
the UK so thats not an option.
Is there any way to get rid of the adult mosquitos as there are swams of
them around my pond?

Thanks in advance for any ideas

Cheryl