Old 05-05-2004, 06:04 PM
Bob

Default Controlling moss

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in message

snip

No, it's a sign of acid moist soil. Moss grows perfectly well on acid
moist highly fertile soil, as the OP found out.

Janet.

Is it really a sign of acid soil? I've been puzzling about my soil for a
while now - the surrounding gardens have lovely magnolias (acid?), and my
acers and rhododendrons seem to do fine (acid) but my hydrangeas always come
out pink (alkaline) - even the ones that were blue when I bought them. The
soil testing kit said slightly alkaline, but I have huge areas of moss
spreading across the lawn, and the paths always get a thick spongy coat in
the winter...

Bob