Old 05-05-2004, 08:14 PM
Tim Nicholson

Default Green Pond problem

On Wed, 5 May 2004 18:29:53 +0100, Kay Easton
wrote:

Have you tried planting plants with floating leaves to keep sunshine way
from the pond? Usual recommendation is to have half to two thirds of
the pond covered.

Your descriptions suggests you have a well balanced pond and it would be
a great shame to disturb it.

Yes we have - as well as the plants that are growing already, we
bought another couple of lilies a couple of weeks ago, and are waiting
until we see signs of life before submerging them completely (at the
mo' they're just below the surface on the shallow edge rim) but I
expect to get anything like 40% or so coverage I'll probably need a
few more.

Thanks for the advice - keep it coming!

Tim