Old 05-05-2004, 08:15 PM
Rhiannon S

Default Now we live 'up North'.....

Subject: Now we live 'up North'.....
From: Tim Nicholson
Date: 05/05/2004 19:23 GMT Daylight Time

Irvine valley - just east of Kilmarnock, so 'reasonably' mild I'm
assured by other urglers! (I wonder what 'unreasonably' mild feels
like)

Trust me, you do not want to know. If curiosity overwhelms you I suggest a
walk across the fenwick moors, or a nice day trip to Dalry.
With the first frost of winter arriving on June 8th, that doen't leave
a very long growing season - June 5th it is then....is that
folklore, a metoffice 'best guess' or phenological observation?

I would agree with that, certainly my grandfather would never put tender plants
outside until 1st week of June.
--
Rhiannon
http://www.livejournal.com/users/rhiannon_s/