Old 06-05-2004, 12:02 AM
Ann

Default My Kousa Dogwood has no leaves yet!

(Jammed Out) expounded:

I had a Kousa Dogwood planted last fall and its about 6 feet tall. It
is now May 5th and I live in the Boston area and there are still no
signs of leaves on the tree. The buds have been visible for a month
or so and on some of them you can even see they opened a little but
nothing came there. It's as if it stunted. My newly planted Japanese
Maple is completely full of leaves now. Does anyone know if this is
normal for this time of year for the Kousa to still not have any
leaves or is there a problem? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I live probably 20 miles south of you and mine is just starting to
leaf out. It was a hard winter, don't give up yet, give it some more
time.
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA