Old 06-05-2004, 12:02 AM
Salty Thumb

Default How to get rid of dandelions

lid wrote in :

For some reason, my lawn has been taken over by dandelions this year. I
have tried spraying weed killer (Ortho: the type that you hook with the
water hose and spray with water), but that doesn't seem to help.

Thanks.

-sm

If the chemical warfare doesn't pan out for you and you're up for hours of
backbreaking labor, you could try pulling them out manually. Personally I
like to just rip off the flowers if the plant is small. If it doesn't die
of shame, it will try shooting up more flowers at which point you can dig
out the tap root. You may even be able to count this as lawn aeration on
your income tax return. I wouldn't compost the debris after yordeling them
with whatever herbicide you've been using, but if you stick all your
dandelion pulls in a bucket with some water, it makes for some serious kind
of stanky.