Old 06-05-2004, 12:05 AM
gary davis

Default Controlling moss

big snip

It always helps to have more information about a problem in order to
offer corrective (hopefully) suggestions. I could have misread your original
post also.
So, the moss you have is growing on bare soil (and not on the lawn)
between flowers and such. A question:
Have you tried turning the moss over so that it is buried? I would
think the deeper (within reason) the better. Moss does like acid soils and
one would think that by adding some lime to the soil after turn in would
help.
If for some reason you cannot turn the moss over then try covering it
with sand. The moss must be totally covered. I can almost
guarrantee....guarranttee...that this will work but I can't even spell
guarrantee...
I don't think that moss can be eradicated simply by adding fertilizer.
Except maybe in my case where the grass grows higher. It's a combination of
things...and each case has it's own corrective solution.
Good luck,
Gary
Fort Langley BC
Canada

I will try giving my moss chicken pellets for lunch. I wonder whether
an infusion of that stuff, watered on the walls, will help.
Roll on a dry day so that I can try it out.

Franz