Old 06-05-2004, 01:06 AM
Tom Randy

Default My Kousa Dogwood has no leaves yet!

On Wed, 05 May 2004 09:14:14 -0400, Jammed Out wrote:

I had a Kousa Dogwood planted last fall and its about 6 feet tall. It is
now May 5th and I live in the Boston area and there are still no signs of
leaves on the tree. The buds have been visible for a month or so and on
some of them you can even see they opened a little but nothing came
there. It's as if it stunted. My newly planted Japanese Maple is
completely full of leaves now. Does anyone know if this is normal for
this time of year for the Kousa to still not have any leaves or is there
a problem? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Mine isn't out yet either and I'm in NY. They'll come, relax!