Old 06-05-2004, 01:07 AM
jammer

Default Quiet(er) frogs

I have a million tads too. They are going to start losing their tails
and just sort of disappear. Just walk the yard before mowing and it'll
be ok.

On Wed, 05 May 2004 11:05:02 GMT, "Lisa"
wrote:

I had a toad croaking LOUDLY for about two days/nights (drove my

husband
crazy as our pond is only about a 100 feet from our bedroom window)

and then
it got quiet. I went out a couple of days later and saw he and the

"lady"
snuggled up in the water. The next day, she left and it was just

him, but
thousands of eggs were clinging to one of my pond plants roots. That

was
about two weeks ago, now there are thousands of toad tadpoles

swimming
around! I thought the goldfish would eat them, but they seem to

just
ignore them for the most part. I am a bit surprised with the pump

moving
the water so much that they laid eggs there. Apparently they don't

mind
laying their eggs with the water moving constantly? My husband is

afraid in
a couple of weeks he will be mowing over hundreds of baby toads!

Yuck!

"AZKalEl" wrote in message
. com...
If you find anything out JJ let me know, I am also in a desert
subdivision and the last thing I need is horny frogs croaking all
summer! Don't think my neighbors will be too thrilled...