Old 06-05-2004, 02:02 AM
culprit

Default What Annuals Won't Slugs Eat?

"Jenny" wrote in message
I'm still experimenting to see what I can grow around my new house. We

have
a once-wooded area that the builders covered with about 6 inches of

chopped
wood mulch. It has the best sun on our property so I have been clearing

the
mulch away and amending the miserably rocky soil bit by bit and putting in
flowers there. Daffodils did very well this spring and the perennials I
planted have survived for over a month, but slugs have destroyed all the
marigolds and salvia I planted--stripped the marigolds of leaves and put

big
holes in the salvia leaves They've also seem to have eaten the summer

bulbs
I planted.

i've always used beer traps (a shallow bowl of beer near the tasty plants
attracts slugs, who drown in it), but this page has a whole list of ideas to
rid your garden of slugs:

http://www.ghorganics.com/page13.html

-kelly