Old 06-05-2004, 04:05 AM
~ Windsong ~

Default Quiet(er) frogs

"JJ" wrote in message
Anyone have experience with the relative loudness/quietness of Leopard
or Green Frogs compared to Bull Frogs? I hate to sound like a city
boy but they are just too loud at night. I really feel sorry for
those people in Hawaii who have the swarms of peeping frogs.

=================================
They're all noisy. :-) I'm sitting here by an open window. The ponds are
only about 12' from the house. The noise of the frogs can be almost
annoying at times. We have several varieties including bullfrogs. When I'm
on the phone I have to close the window.
We can also hear all the frogs from the neighbor's farm pond which is about
100' from our house. There are zillions of them over there. He has spring
peepers in March but none have found there way to our ponds yet.
--
-:¦:-