Old 06-05-2004, 10:13 AM
Shirl

Default OT - hiding email details on newsgroups

Hi Vicky

If you are using Outlook Express, go to toolsaccountsand choose your
mail account from the options there and then where it shows your email
address, add some words to the middle of it (take a look at my address) You
would know what words to remove, but the email harvesters arent clever
enough (yet) to unmung the address!

You can put a totally fake address in the box, however its best to just add
a few words that a person can understand so ppl can reply to you if need be.

Hope this is clear lol

"Vicky" wrote in message
Please could someone explain how I disguise my email details when using
newsgroups? My email address appears to have been harvested from this one
already.

Thanks

Vicky