Old 06-05-2004, 11:04 AM
Andrew Puddifer

Default Movement activated Sprinkler

Litigation concerns??? Regarding a stray animal on your property? If
bloody cat owners won't properly restrain their animals, they deserve
what they get. I did not advocate harming the animal, merely giving it a
good scare. If I wanted to harm it, a possum trap, some rope, bricks and
a quick trip to the local creek would work better.
Always struck me as odd how stray dogs are this huge problem, but it's
O.K for your neighbour's cat to shit on your property, scratch the paint
on your car, spray on your doors, kill wildlife in huge numbers etc.....

Regards, Andrew.

Lindsay Heinz wrote:

On Sun, 02 May 2004 20:46:19 +1000, Pat wrote:

Hello all,

I have been researching the best method to deter a cat from using my
Garden as a Toilet and believe the most efficient and least problematic
(Litigation concerns) method is to install a Movement activated
sprinkler in the area which this pest animal frequents.

I wouldn't even dream about using paint bombs etc. on a neighbours
Cat. Get a dog! Problem solved. :-)

I'd rather suggest that you approach your Local Council to find out
their attitude regarding wandering pets.

I'm in Victoria where many suburbs have legislation and penalties
regarding wandering pets. In my suburb for example, Dogs & Cats etc.
are not allowed to wander. Our Local Council will drop off a trap and
subsequently come back and take away a Cat that was trapped.
If the Cat has an identification implant or is wearing an
identification collar or disk, it will be returned to the owner with
an appropriate fine, otherwise it would be put down.

The above avoids any Litigation concerns.
--

Lindsay.