Old 06-05-2004, 11:04 AM
RichardS

Default OT - hiding email details on newsgroups

"Vicky" wrote in message
Thanks everyone - done it and I hope it's worked.

Vicky - occasionally brain-dead when it comes to computers!

you might want to rethink that "invalid" address, tho, home.co.uk is a real
domain name, which means that the spammer's mail will probably be delivered
to their servers instead and either bounced or delivered to some unfortunate
with the mail address "vicky" there.

LID

would be a better address that (I think) will be accepted by IE as a valid
email address.

You might also want to add a signature to your posts containing a munged
email address so that folks genuinely wanting to email you are able to do so
(that is entirely a personal preference though). It seems to work - I don't
recall getting any spam addressed to my email contained within my sig.

--
Richard Sampson

email me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk