Old 06-05-2004, 11:04 AM
Vicky

Default Chemicals?? Was ants everywhere

I've used no insecticides in the garden in the 3 years I've been here, and
the fruit trees are being eaten alive! In the past two years, all the
leaves had been sucked dry and had fallen off well before autumn. The
"natural balance" obviously doesn't occur at a point compatitble with what

want from the garden, so I'm beginning to think that spraying may be
required to give my trees a chance!

Bob

I've been busily making my first batch of nettle manure as per the
instructions on the website. It claims there that this can act to deter
pests. Is this actually true? Has anyone succesfully used it like this?
My sweetpeas are already covered in aphids and I only put them out at the
weekend.

Vicky