Old 06-05-2004, 03:11 PM
Neil Jones

Default How can I drain this bog?

"Stan The Man" wrote in message
In article , Nick Wagg
wrote:

Thanks for this. I don't think these maps will do it. Like most of the
maps I have found so far, they give lots of plan information but

little
or no sectional information except for the big, deep layers of rock or
whatever. The top 10 metres or so doesn't rate a mention. And at

approx
1in per mile, I would have difficulty pin-pointing my property in an
area which is right on the borders of adjoining clay, chalk, gravel

and
Reading beds deposits.

Stan

Have you had a look at what the British Geological Survey
(http://www.bgs.ac.uk) has to offer? Some of the more comprehensive
reports are quite expensive, but in the context of your problem, may be
worth getting hold of.

As far as free information goes, I have found the 'Geology of Brtain'
(http://www.bgs.ac.uk/magazine/geology/home.html) interactive map quite
interesting.

Neil