Old 06-05-2004, 05:04 PM
Stephen Williams

Default OT - hiding email details on newsgroups

Snip

Although I hide the real email address I still get loads of SPAM so when I
wanted to stop ?|£*$% rubbish from getting to the kids email box I found
http://www.spamjab.com/.

This site requires you to know the original ISP details and change a few
settings (all of which are comprehensively explained) and hey presto SPAM
doesn't reach you POP3 mailbox.

They intercept anything that looks like SPAM and hold it for a short period
to ensure that they haven't highlighted something that you really want. If
they spot something that is likely to be SPAM, but they are not certain they
send you an email to request your instructions.

So far I've had nothing sent to me that I didn't want and the best is that
it's currently free.

Cheers
Steve