Old 06-05-2004, 05:04 PM
Tumbleweed

Default OT - hiding email details on newsgroups

"Derek Turner" wrote in message
On Thu, 6 May 2004 09:12:07 +0100, "Vicky"

let's have a look at your headers:

From: "Vicky"

yes, there it is for all to see!

Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Subject: OT - hiding email details on newsgroups
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 09:12:07 +0100

there's one born every minute!

Do you mean someone who paid money for a newreader that does nothing
significantly different or extra that OE (for free) doesnt?

get yourself a decent newsreader client for a start
then in the 'from' field put some thing like '
and in the reply-to field something like vickyversa at yahoo dot
co dot uk which a human can read (and edit) if they need to but a
machine won't recognize.

you MAY be able to do something similar with OE but I can't check as I
wont have that piece of crap on my machine.

So whats wrong with it, specifically? (you can certainly mangle addresses
with it) and since you dont have it and are apparently know nothing about
it, I wonder why you call it a 'piece of crap'.

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks for email address