Old 06-05-2004, 08:02 PM
zxcvbob

Default How to get rid of dandelions

Tom Randy wrote:
On Wed, 05 May 2004 15:27:21 -0400, user wrote:

For some reason, my lawn has been taken over by dandelions this year. I
have tried spraying weed killer (Ortho: the type that you hook with the
water hose and spray with water), but that doesn't seem to help.

Thanks.

-sm

I found Scotts turf plus 2 does a good job on them.

Now ground ivy is a whole OTHER serious problem....

I've had the best luck killing creeping charlie by fluffing it up with a
steel rake before I mow, so the lawnmower gets it. I also pull some of
it by hand. Chemicals don't seem to bother it much. I haven't tried
Trimec yet because I haven't had to. Raking and mowing works
surprisingly well.

-Bob