Old 06-05-2004, 08:05 PM

Default How to get rid of dandelions

Hound wrote:
I finally called a lawn service two weeks ago. My lawn full of dandelions
was completely devoid of the yellow flowers and seed heads two days after
they sprayed it, and a week later there was no sign of the weed at all.

The lawn service aerated my lawn three days ago and after a good watering,
the grass is greener and fuller than I have ever seen it.

They will return in another two weeks to treat for crabgrass.

Unless ALL your near-by neighbors con troll the dandelions and crabgrass in
their yards, your chances of controlling them in your lawn by just pulling
them, especially in a larger yard, are next to nil.

Hound,
Do you know what chemical the lawn service sprayed in your lawn to get
rid of dandelions?

For me, this is turning out to be a serious problem. I am afraid that
these things will end up killing all the grass.

Thanks.

-sm