Old 06-05-2004, 08:07 PM
Rez

Default tomato weather question

In article , (Hillary Israeli) wrote:
I'm one of those people who just can't help herself with the early
planting. I know it's not what I'm "supposed" to do, but I keep doing it.
I was just wondering if I were truly crippling my plants or if it would
all come out in the wash. I've never actually planted "on time," always
early!

My grandmother planted stuff any which time. By midsummer the only
thing you could point at and say "you planted that too late" (if she
had) was corn. "Too early" never seemed to bother stuff so long as it
didn't hard-freeze.

Some plants can go dormant for a while if they take a chill, and I
imagine that affects some varieties of veggies as well as anything
else. And those might take a while to get moving again.

Which reminds me, if I want to get a proper case of zucchini poisoning
this year, I'd best plant a few

Well, I do do all of my veggie planting in raised beds, which I'm sure
makes some difference as well. Anyway thank you for the reply!

Gives you better control over the drainage and soil, eh?

~REZ~