Old 06-05-2004, 08:09 PM
Tumbleweed

Default OT - hiding email details on newsgroups

"martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 6 May 2004 16:32:55 +0100, "Tumbleweed"
wrote:

"Derek Turner" wrote in message
.. .

you MAY be able to do something similar with OE but I can't check as I
wont have that piece of crap on my machine.

So whats wrong with it, specifically? (you can certainly mangle addresses
with it) and since you dont have it and are apparently know nothing about
it, I wonder why you call it a 'piece of crap'.

Abusing MS products is a sort of religion.

I'm only surprised that the all powerful Holy Linux hasn't been
mentioned, so far :-)

FWIW I am newly running Linux on another PC (Redhat Advanced Server) and
have to say its not as user friendly as Windows, nor does it have the
hardware compatability yet, for example I would have to committ unnatural
acts to get it to work with my wireless card whereas windows worked right
out of the box.

It may be more powerful but that is definitely at the expense of
ease-of-use. This is from a desktop rather than a server POV. What it has
got going for it ATM is relative immunity to viruses, partially because of
how it works and partially because the virus/worm writers dont target it.

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks for email address