Old 06-05-2004, 10:04 PM
escapee

Default powdery mildew

On Wed, 5 May 2004 08:01:27 -0500, "RoyDMercer"
opined:

I should have said 1 teaspoon per quart of water. 4 tablespoons per gallon
seems excessive to me. If you are using that much, you could start to
affect the PH of the soil, which is not a good thing unless your soil is
very acidic to begin with.

Crape Myrtles will bloom very well as you say if you are lightly pruning
them each year. However if you let them go they will eventually stop
blooming. The state of Oklahoma planted hundres of Crape Myrtles all along
the southern section of I-35. They are never pruned and they have stopped
blooming almost completely.

They are not blooming because I highly doubt the state fertilizes it's highways.
That is why they are not blooming. Not because they are not pruned.