Old 06-05-2004, 10:06 PM
Kay Easton

Default Soil improvement-Worldwide?

In article , gary davis
writes

I was just wondering if there is something that we could do to improve
the soil in Aplhganistan. Gosh, and I don't know how to even spell the name
of the country let alone help them improve their soil. I wonder if they grow
asparagus there? And, if not, WOULD asparagus grow there?

Well, yes, that is interesting, but the fact that something is
interesting doesn't necessarily make it on topic. (Mind, that doesn't
stop it being discussed here - we're no better than any other groups at
staying on topic). I'm very interested in the way its difficult to play
an instrument like a recorder outside in the garden when there is a wind
blowing, and wonder whether the 'pepper pot' on the end of a cornamuse
was an attempt to stop the effects of the wind when playing outside ..
but I wouldn't begin to claim that was on topic, even if it's a UK
garden I am playing in!

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: