Old 06-05-2004, 11:06 PM
Bob

Default Harvesting Garlic

I'm in the Albany area Gary, same as you. This is my 1st try at growing
garlic, having gotten some nice "seeds" at the Hudson Valley Garlic Festival
last Fall. I planted them last October and they are growing great so far.
Tell me, when do I harvest them??

73's, Bob

"Gary Woods" wrote in message
Ross Reid wrote:

Anyone really interested in growing garlic should seriously consider
purchasing a book entitled Growing Great Garlic by Ron L. Engeland.

Ron's book is fine, though with a northwest accent, as that's where he is.
I got some varieties from his farm, and most did OK in my _very_ different
climate.

Shameless plug: On my personal page in the .sig below, you'll find very
basic garlic growing info, as well as pointers to some growers. If

there's
a garlic festival you can get to, that's best of all for local

information.
I've never found a garlic grower who wasn't happy to share information at
great length...